JULIE HARTIGAN ADVENTURES CO
RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
By executing this Contractual Agreement (“Agreement”), I acknowledge that I intend to undertake an organized activity with Julie Hartigan Adventures Co. (referred to as the “Company”) and that in order to do this I will need to involve myself in related aspects of such activity including, but not limited to special travel, risks of various kinds and degrees, differing living conditions and foods, a variety of interpersonal interactions, close-quarter conditions, varying types of medical risks, hazards, availability of medical care and support, differing weather conditions and terrain and other known or unknown risks that may come of such. In consideration of, and as payment for, the right to participate in such activities, services, or food arranged for me by the Company, I hereby assume and acknowledge all the associated risks and conditions involved with such activities and shall hold the Company and its owners, officers, agents, third-party vendors, and employees (collectively referred to as the “Representatives”) harmless and release and waive them from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, debts, claims, and demand of any kind and nature whatsoever which I now have or which may arise out of or in connection with my trip or participation in any other activities arranged for me by the Company. The terms hereof shall serve as a release in favor of the Company and its Representatives. I specifically acknowledge the assumption of any and all risks associated with my trip. The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Agreement apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and survive termination of this Agreement for whatever reason. This Release and Assumption of Risk is meant to complement the Assumption of Risk Provision Found in Section 13, Terms and Conditions, and any additional Assumption of Risk waivers I may have to sign based on my specific travel program.
- The Client understands that they may be confronted with hostile environments including, but not limited to, changes in temperature, weather, terrain, government action, culture, pandemic or other acts of nature. Dangers and medical problems may occur which are linked with the risks associated with the Client’s trip. This environment and traveling closely in a small group may generate stress problems for the Client.
The Company and its Representatives shall not be held liable or responsible for any instances set forth in the foregoing paragraph.
- The trip leader or any person as so delegated by the Company who is hosting may in the interest of safety and/or risk request the participants to stop any activity, or in such circumstances as required, terminate the entirety of the trip at any time during said trip.
- The Client has completed all relevant forms and documents truthfully and agrees to the Release and Assumption of Risk.
- The Client acknowledges that they have read all the information supplied to Client including the Terms and Conditions and Release and Assumption of Risk and have accepted them without qualification.
- The Client shall be responsible for making all travel arrangements to and from the originating city, i.e. Client shall be solely responsible for all costs, bookings, and other transportation-related arrangements to and from the city or location from which the trip begins.
- The Client is responsible for opting out of any physical activities during the trip, including, but not limited to yoga, long walks, staircases and hills, uneven terrain, boat tours or any other activity if the Client is not physically able to participate. Neither the Company and/or its Representatives are responsible for any compensation for missed activities on the trip and the Client is responsible for payment for any personal transportation procured such as local taxis, Uber or any other transportation service.
- The Client is responsible for payment for any trip additions such as extra nights at hotels before or after the trip, optional massages during the trip, additional museum tours not listed on the itinerary, additional meals and beverages not specifically listed on the trip itinerary, and upgraded wine tastings.
- The Client gives the Company permission to use any photographs or video footage taken during the adventure in its marketing materials and social media.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These are the terms and conditions which will apply to your booking. By booking a trip you agree to be bound to all terms and conditions. Your signature below confirms that you have read, understand, acknowledge and agree to the Terms and Conditions on this Agreement, and that you understand that these terms apply to everyone in your party (if multiple names appear on the attached invoice).
1. GENERAL STATEMENT
All persons who intend to make a booking have sent in an application or deposit, paid for a booking in any amount (partial or full), and/or will or have begun or completed a trip with the Company and have carefully read and understand the Terms and Conditions this Agreement and any other documents provided by the Company. By making a booking by telephone, or on the website www.juliehartigan.com, or by email, or facsimile with the Company or its Representatives or its Agents, you accept on behalf of yourself and all those named on the booking including minors and persons with disabilities to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and this Agreement.. No persons shall be deemed to have booked a trip and the Company shall not assume any obligations and/or liability until timely receipt of the Applicant’s properly completed and executed Application Documents, and the deposit (together with the Trip Info Packet, Intake Questionnaire, Medical Release, Trip Waiver, Payment Invoice, “Contract Documents”). Prior to a proper and timely booking, the Company reserves the right to increase or decrease any and all prices. The Company, its affiliates, agents and representatives reserve the right to decline any booking at their discretion. The person or persons named on the booking are hereinabove and hereinafter referred to as the “Client.” All bookings are made with the Company, however, the Company may utilize the service of agents, affiliates and/or third-party suppliers for various services provided for or associated with your trip. These Terms and Conditions together with the Contract Documents shall constitute the entire agreement between the Company and the Client relating to the subject matter herein, and shall constitute a binding agreement. There are no verbal or written representation(s), warranties, collateral agreement(s), prior agreement(s), description of services, or conditions, other than as expressed herein (and and all agreements must be in writing to be effective). The service to be provided is/are the trip(s) referred to in the booking confirmation.
Carriage by road, air or by sea is subject to the individual carriers’ conditions. The Company’s liability for death, and/or personal injury, and/or loss of and/or damage to luggage may be limited by the conditions in this Agreement, international conventions, treaties, or any applicable law including the Athens, Warsaw or Montreal Conventions.
- The Client acknowledges and understands that their trip may be to a destination that is remote, isolated, and removed from medical care facilities. Medical facilities vary from country to country and the Company and its Representatives make no representations and give no warranties in relation to the standard of such treatment. The Client agrees and acknowledges the risks, dangers, and limited availability or lack of any medical care associated with such travel and, together with all limitations of liability found in this document and the Contract Documents including those found in Medical Information and Release Form, absolve the Company and its Representatives of any liability of such risks, dangers, and failure to provide medical care.
- The Client understands the honest completion of the Medical Information and Release Form will assist all concerned in any emergency situation. If there is a dispute between the Company and the Client in regard to the Client’s physical or mental suitability for a trip, the matter will be referred to a medical professional at the Client’s expense.
- The Company must be notified in writing at the time of booking of any medical conditions, pregnancy, physically or mentally challenged conditions or disabilities which may affect fitness to travel. The Company shall not be held liable for the Client’s failure to notify the Company of any such conditions, and the Client assumes all risk for failure to disclose all aforementioned medical conditions. The Client’s failure to notify The Company of such conditions may result in the client being refused travel, in the case that results in cancellation, 100% of the cancellation fees are the responsibility of the Client. Some trips may be unsuitable for Clients due to age, mobility, pregnancy or physical or mental conditions. It is the Client’s responsibility to check prior to booking. For safety reasons, The Company may refuse to carry pregnant women or Clients with certain mental or physical conditions. The Company is not required to provide any special facilities unless it has been agreed to do so in writing. The Company will do its best to meet Clients special requests including dietary, but such requests do not form part of the Contract and therefore The Company is not liable for failing to provide these requests.
The Company sells its adventures in United States Dollars (USD).
5. BOOKING DEPOSIT
At time of booking a non-refundable $500 deposit is required per person per trip as indicated on your Payment Invoice, including for Client’s paying in full. The following are The Company’s booking deposit schedules unless otherwise indicated:
- Bookings more than 180 days prior to departure shall require a deposit as indicated by the Payment Invoice.
- Bookings more than 90 days but less than 180 days prior to departure shall require a deposit, plus first payment as indicated by the Payment Invoice.
- Bookings less than 90 days prior to departure shall require full payment as indicated by the Payment Invoice.
The non-refundable deposit should be sent to The Company. Some trips may require a higher deposit or full payment at the time of booking. If deposit is different from that outlined in this clause, The Company will notify the Client of this requirement at the time of booking and detailed on the Payment Invoice.
6. FINAL PAYMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF BOOKING
- Final Payment: Acceptance of the Client’s booking shall be confirmed in writing by The Company. Please refer to the confirmation invoice and/or confirmation email for details regarding final payment. Full payment of the balance of the trip is 90 days prior unless otherwise indicated. If full payment is not received by the due date, then rates and trip space cannot be guaranteed and The Company has a right to cancel your trip and keep any and all Client deposits. If a booking is made 90 days or less before the departure date of the first service booked, then the full payment amount is payable at the time of application and booking; failure to remit the full amount shall deem the trip voidable by The Company as it was not properly booked by the Client.
- Client Details: In order for The Company to confirm and guarantee the Client’s travel arrangements, the Client must provide all Client details within the Trip Information Package Document by the date specified in the document.. If the Client does not provide all details by the due date on the Trip Information Package Document a fee of $250 USD will be charged to the Client. In the event that client details have not been received by Julie Hartigan Adventures Co. 60 days prior to the Client’s adventure departure, The Company reserves the right to treat the trip as canceled and the participant acknowledges that their spot on the trip will be forfeited, and full penalties will apply. Client detail requirements may vary by trip.
- Traveling with Children: The minimum age for Clients traveling on a trip is based on the trip chosen. An adult over the age of 21 must accompany every 2 children under the age of 18. All inquiries with respect to children are subject to review and approval by The Company, which maintains and reserves the right to restrict the number of travelers under the age of 18 on adventures. If the adult accompanying the child is not the child’s parent, then a “Parental Consent Guardianship Form” must be signed by the parent or legal guardian and received by The Company prior to departure.
- Credit Card Charges: The Company shall not be responsible for any charges applied to credit card transactions and shall not refund or return any fees by third parties as incurred during the transaction of the trip cost. If the client requests a refund that falls within The Company’s refund policy, and the client has paid for the trip using a credit card, a refund will be granted less 3% for transaction fees and less 4% for non-US credit cards.
7. CANCELLATION TERMINATION OF TRIP BY THE CLIENT
General Cancellation- The cancellation charges are expressed hereafter as a percentage of the total trip price, excluding insurance:
- Cancellation after $500 trip deposit or pay in full option, but more than 5 months prior to departure: Loss of $500
- Cancellation 90 days or more before departure: Loss of 20% of total trip cost
- Cancellation 90 days or less prior to departure: No Refund
- Cancellation at or after trip departure: No Refund
- Custom trips may vary in cancellation policy from those described herein and will be detailed at time of booking.
8. CANCELLATION / TERMINATION OF TRIP BY JULIE HARTIGAN ADVENTURES CO.
Cancellation is defined as a complete termination of the entire trip and location offering. The Company reserves the right to cancel any trip for any reason, but will not cancel an adventure less than 90 days before departure except for force majeure as outlined in Section 17, for local permitting issues or any other reasonable concern. The Company will give reasonable effort to notice the cancellation of a trip by email. When a trip is canceled by The Company , the Client may choose between a full refund of all monies paid less 20% of the total adventure cost, any non-refundable monies paid like accommodations, local transportation, and permits, and less 3% for credit card bookings (less 4% for non-US credit cards). Or, if offered in the sole discretion and option of The Company, any alternative trip offered by The Company at no extra cost to the Client save for any local payments required as outlined in the final Contract Documents for the alternative trip and/or any other literature or itinerary received by the Client from The Company . The Company is not responsible for any direct, incidental, consequential damages, expenses or losses that the Client may have incurred as a result of the booking including, but not limited to, visas, vaccinations, non-refundable flights or rail, non-refundable car parking or other fees, loss of earnings, or loss of enjoyment and opportunity. If the alternative trip chosen is of a lower value than that originally booked, then the Client is entitled to a refund of the price difference. If the Client is offered a refund but requests an alternative tour of a higher value than that originally booked, then the Client must pay the difference in price. Where a significant element of the trip cannot be provided, The Company will make suitable alternative arrangements for the continuation of the trip. If it is not possible to provide a suitable alternative or the Client reasonably rejects any suitable alternatives, The Company will provide the Client a refund of unused adventure portions.
9. UNUSED SERVICES
There will be no discounts or monies refunded for missed or unused services, including the Client’s voluntary or involuntary termination/departure from the trip, which includes but is not limited to sickness, death of a family member etc, late arrival on the trip, or premature departure either voluntarily or involuntarily.
10. PRICES AND SURCHARGES
No price increases will be made to a booking 30 days or less before departure. The Company reserves the right to impose surcharges (price increases) up to 30 days before departure due to unfavorable changes in exchange rates, increases in air fares or other transportation/fuel costs, increases in local operator costs, taxes, or if government action should require us to do so. The Company will absorb 15% of any such surcharge. If the surcharge/price increase is for more than 15% then the remainder will be charged. If any surcharge results in an increase of more than 30% of the adventure cost, excluding insurance premiums, the Client may cancel the booking within 14 days of notification of the surcharge and obtain a full refund of all monies paid to The Company . All cancellation requests shall be received in writing via email with a reply from The Company .
11. BROCHURE AND WEBSITE VALIDITY / WARRANTY OF STATEMENTS
The prices in this brochure and website are based on the rates and costs in effect at time of the printing the brochure or posting on the website. The Company reserves the right to alter any and all prices.
- Changes made by The Company: While the Company will endeavor to operate all trips as advertised, reasonable changes in the itinerary may be made where deemed necessary or advisable by The Company including changes to the trip host or trip leader representing Julie Hartigan Adventures CO/The Company. If Julie Hartigan Adventures Co./Company makes a major itinerary change, The Company will inform the Client as soon as reasonably possible if there is sufficient time before departure. When a major change is made the Client may choose between accepting the change, obtaining a full refund of all monies paid to The Company less non-refundable deposit, non-recoupable costs like permits, accommodation, and local transport, and 3% for credit card bookings and less 4% for non-US credit cards (excluding Trip Cancellation Insurance Premiums and/or flights) or accepting any alternative adventure offered by The Company. The definition of a major change is deemed to be a change to the itinerary affecting at least one in three full days of the itinerary. If the major change is due to force majeure or unforeseen circumstances no compensation is payable. Some changes to the itinerary may happen on the trip as a result of unforeseen circumstances or local situations. Any changes made to alter the itinerary as a result will be made with full authority of the Company, the trip Leader and any direct or indirect cost incurred as a result will be the responsibility of the Client.
- Transfer to another departure (by Client): A transfer from one trip date to another can only be made more than 90 days before departure date and only if approved in writing by The Company. If such a request is accepted by the Company. The Company reserves the right to charge up to the deposit amount of the first booked adventure. Any request to transfer received less than 90 days before departure will not normally be accepted. In this case the Client must cancel the booking and then re-book on another trip. The Client may only transfer the booking to a departure date in the current season and may not transfer the booking to future seasons. Any such transfers will be regarded as cancellations and cancellation fees will apply.
- Transfer of name: If the Client is prevented from traveling on the trip booked by circumstances such as those which would permit a claim on a standard cancellation insurance policy, the booking may be transferred to another person, provided they meet all the requirements relating to that trip and have read, understood and agree to the Terms and Conditions of this contract. More than 90 days before departure, up to the deposit amount of the adventure will apply. Within 90 days name transfers are not permitted.
- Amendments: Any amendments to a file within 90 days of a departure will depend on availability and will be on a request basis. Any extra costs incurred for making the change will be charged to the client’s final balance.
13. ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
I understand traveling with the Company may involve risks (and rewards) above and beyond those encountered on a domestic holiday, and that I am undertaking an international trip with inherent dangers. I understand I am traveling to geographical areas where, among other things, the standard of transport, safety, hygiene, cleanliness, medical facilities, roads, parks, streets, telecommunications and infrastructure development may not be of the standard I am used to at home. I have read and understood the Company information literature and documents for this trip I am undertaking and have provided details of any pre-existing medical conditions I may have to the Company and its Representatives. I accept these risks and obligations and I fully assume the risks of travel. I fully and forever release and discharge the Company and all other related, affiliated, associated or otherwise connected corporations, partnerships, individuals and other entities and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all costs (including, without limitation, actual legal costs), claims, demands, actions, causes of action and liabilities whatsoever for any and all losses, damages, death or injuries to persons or loss of property, which may be sustained by me in connection with or in any way relating to this trip, due to any cause or reason whatsoever including, without limitation, the reckless, willful or negligent actions or omissions of the Releasees or any other person or persons. Optional Activities: I understand during my trip there may be opportunities to undertake activities, which do not form part of the itinerary. I understand the Company makes no representations about the safety or quality of the activity, or the standard of the independent operator running it. I also understand the Company is in no way responsible for my safety should I elect to enter into such optional activities. With full knowledge of the above, I may still elect to partake in the activity, and if I do so, I assume full responsibility for any risks involved, and the waiver and release of the Releasees, the Company and its Representatives set out in the foregoing paragraph and in the Agreement shall apply to such optional activities.
14. AUTHORITY ON ADVENTURE
By booking with the Company , the Client agrees to abide by the authority of the trip leader or the Company representative. The Client must at all times strictly comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of all countries visited. If the Client is affected by any condition, medical or otherwise that might affect other people’s enjoyment of the adventure, the Client must advise the Company at the time of booking. Should the Client fail to comply with the above or commit any illegal act when on the adventure or, if in the opinion of the trip leader, the Client’s behavior is causing or is likely to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others may terminate that Client’s travel arrangements without any liability on the Company’s part and the Client will not be entitled to any refund for unused or missed services or costs incurred resulting from the termination of the travel arrangements.
15. GUARANTEED DEPARTURES
The Company guarantees selected departures at their sole discretion. This guarantee of departure is subject to, among other things, force majeure situations, and the Company reserves the right to remove the guaranteed designation at any time due to circumstances beyond reasonable control. The Company will not be held accountable for any indirect cost resulting to the client for this action.
16. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
- The Client must be in possession of a valid passport required for entry, departure and travel through each destination point along the itinerary of the adventure, (passport validity is the sole responsibility of the Client – among other things, the passport must be valid 6 months past the return date), all insurance policies required for the whole of the journey. The Client accepts full responsibility for obtaining all such documents prior to the start of the adventure and is solely responsible for any adverse consequences resulting from missing or defective documentation. Any information or advice given by the Company regarding climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, travel to the trip start and end, etc. is purely advisory, provided as a courtesy to the Client, and the Company is not responsible for any errors or omissions as to the information provided.
17. FORCE MAJEURE
The Company shall not be liable in any way to the Client for death, bodily injury, illness, damage, delay or other loss or detriment to person or property, or financial costs both direct and indirect incurred, or for the Company’s failure to commence, perform and/or complete any duty owed to the Client if such death, delay, bodily injury (including emotional distress or injury), illness, damage or other loss or detriment to person or property is caused by a Force Majeure Event. Force Majeure Events are defined as one whose occurrence was not reasonably foreseeable at the time of entering into this Contract and which is beyond a party’s reasonable control. Such events include but are not limited to, an Act of God, pandemics, epidemics and viral outbreaks, war or war like operations, terrorist activities or threat thereof, civil commotions, labor difficulties, whether or not the Company is a party thereto, interference by authorities, political disturbance, howsoever and wheresoever any of the same may arise or be caused, riot, insurrection and acts of government authority or restraint of any kind including those that affect domestic and/or international travel, border closings, border limitations, border restrictions, fire, extreme weather or any other cause whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of
It is mandatory that all Clients obtain a travel insurance policy to travel with a minimum medical coverage of $100,000 USD and this insurance should cover personal injury and medical expenses. Clients must be able to provide proof of their coverage as per the required amounts above if requested by the Trip Leader or the Company and its Representatives. It is strongly recommended the coverage be extended to include cancellation, curtailment, and all other expenses that might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, trip interruption, delay or inconvenience occurring to the Client. The Company shall have no liability for loss, theft of or damage to baggage or personal effects. Personal belongings lost or stolen are not subject to reimbursement by the Company. Losses due to ordinary wear and tear or Force Majeure events are not reimbursable. The Company does not accept responsibility for and in no event shall be liable for loss or damage of valuables or other articles left in or on facilities used by the Company including, but not limited to hotels, vessels, or any other mode of transportation. The Client acknowledges that the cost of the trip does not include insurance, and that the Client is required to obtain separate coverage at an additional cost.
19. STANDARDS ON TRIP
The Client acknowledges the quality of the products and services, including accommodations, the trip host or leader, transport and all other services related to the trip that are organized by the Company or its representative may be different in standard to what the Client may expect at home. Further, the Client understands, appreciates and accepts any variance in quality or level of service as a part of the travel experience. All arrangements made by the Company are done so with best of intentions to match any description provided, however, the Client reasonably allows for local conditions to influence products and services.
20. RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR TRIP
All services herein are organized by the Company. Notice is hereby given that all arrangements made on behalf of the Client are made by organizers on the sole condition that the organizers shall not be held responsible for any injury, death, accident, delay, loss, damage or irregularity which may be occasioned through acts of the Company and/or persons engaged in carrying out the arrangements. The Company acts as an agent for transport companies, hotels and other contractors and shall not be held liable for any injury, damage, loss, delay or irregularity that may occur, including, but not limited to, any defect in a vehicle or any other form of conveying a traveler, acts of God, detention, delays or expenses arising from quarantine, strike, riots, theft, Force majeure, pandemic, events, civil disturbance, government restriction or regulation, accident by aircraft, boat, bicycle, motor vehicle or any other form of transport or in any hotel or guest house, pension, or other form of accommodation. The Client acknowledges that the quality of the products organized by the Company including accommodations and all other services related to the trip which are organized by the Company are not within the control of the Company and that in any event the quality of such products may be compromised by local conditions. Accordingly, the Client hereby releases the Company from all claims and causes of action arising from any damage, loss of enjoyment, inconvenience, or injuries related to the quality of such products. The information contained on the Company’s website and related marketing materials is correct to the best of the Company’s knowledge and the Company accepts no liability for any inaccuracies contained herein. The Company reserves the right to alter any itinerary in progress, any trip leader or host designation, or service at any time without penalty to the Company. Any additional expense or cancellation shall be borne by the customer. The organizer reserves the right to withdraw or refuse any service to any customer at the discretion of the organizer. Payment of deposit is taken as acknowledgment and agreement to these terms and conditions.
All discounts and reduced pricing are applied at the Company’s discretion.
22. CLAIMS AND COMPLAINTS
If a Client has a complaint against the Company, the Client must first inform the Trip Leader or host in writing (if it’s not Julie Hartigan) at the earliest opportunity to allow the grievance to be rectified. If satisfaction is not reached, the Client must contact the Company in writing while on a trip in order to ensure that the Company is provided the opportunity to rectify the matter. Failure to indicate dissatisfaction while on the trip may bar or reduce the Client’s ability to claim compensation from the Company. If satisfaction is still not reached through these means on a trip, then any further complaint must be put in writing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than three days after the final day of the Client’s adventure. The Company will not accept any liability for claims received after this period. It is the responsibility of the client to be familiar with and follow the Company’s claims and complaints process.
23. SUPPLIERS CONDITIONS
Airlines, railways, coach and shipping companies and other suppliers have their own booking conditions or conditions of carriage, and the Client will be bound by these as far as the relevant transport provider or supplier is concerned. Some of these conditions may limit or exclude liability on the part of the relevant transport provider or other suppliers, and they are often also subject to various international conventions. The Company’s liability will be limited to and shall not exceed that of its suppliers. The Client is precluded from making a double recovery by making the same claims and seeking the same recovery against and its suppliers.
24. LOCAL CONDITIONS
The Client acknowledges he or she will be visiting places where the political, cultural and geographical attributes present certain risks, dangers and physical challenges different from those present in her or his daily lives. By booking travel with the Company, the Client acknowledges she or he has considered the potential risks, dangers and challenges, and expressly assumes the risks attendant to such travel conditions. The Client is solely responsible for acquainting themselves with customs, weather conditions, physical challenges and laws in effect at each stop along the itinerary.
25. OPTIONAL EXTRAS
Optional extras do not form part of the trip or contract. It is understood and accepted by the Client that any assistance given by the Trip Leader or representative in arranging optional extras does not impose liabilities of any kind on the Company. Accordingly, the Client hereby releases the Company from all claims and causes of action arising from any damages, loss of enjoyment, inconvenience, or injuries related to the quality of such products. Optional extras include, as example, but are not limited to, additional museum tours, wine upgrades, massages, add-on days before or after the trip starts, and other extras that are not included in the trip price.
In the event that any term or condition contained herein is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason, then such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this Agreement or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining Terms and Conditions to survive and continue as binding.
27. SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS
These Terms and Conditions shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the Company and the Client and their respective heirs, legal personal representatives, successors and assigns.
28. ERRORS AND OMISSIONS
Although the Company has made a concerted attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made herein, cannot be held responsible for any error, omission or unintentional misrepresentation that may appear in their brochure, travel documents, or on the website.
The Company will provide personal information to suppliers and carriers to enable the operation of the services requested. The Company will do all reasonably possible in endeavoring to protect personal information.
30. FINANCIAL SECURITY
To ensure trip arrangements are fully protected, all monies received as payment for adventures booked with the Company will be deposited in a business bank account managed by Julie Hartigan Adventures CO The bank account is bound by banking regulations and independently audited. Money is held until the trip is completed or the services comprising the trip have been paid for by the Company.
31. APPLICABLE LAW AND CHOICE OF FORUM
This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to applicable conflict of law provisions. The Client waives any right to trial by jury.
32. UPDATING OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Company reserves the right to update and amend these terms and conditions at any time. It is the responsibility of the Client to keep updated with any changes. The current version of terms and conditions will always be found on the website www.juliehartigan.com and will be the terms referred to in any dispute.
The Company will provide personal information to suppliers and carriers to enable the operation of the services requested. The Company will do all reasonably possible in endeavoring to protect personal information.
JULIE HARTIGAN ADVENTURES CO. TRAVEL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Updated: May 25, 2018
The Company is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR and other subsequent laws. If you have any questions about our data protection policy, you can contact our team at email@example.com.
This data protection policy ensures the Company complies with data protection laws, follows good practices, is transparent about how it stores and processes individuals’ data, protects itself from the risks of a data breach, protects the rights of staff, customers, and partners
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
For the purpose of providing a travel service to you, the Company may collect and hold personal information such as:
Your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details, medical information and travel insurance details (where required).
Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your inquiries.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
The Company may collect, use or disclose your personal information, either directly or through booking partners, for the purposes of offering or booking travel services on your behalf, such as your name, age, address, phone number, e-mail address, emergency contact information, passport information, travel medical information (where required), insurance details, nationality, residency, nutrition preferences, trip evaluations, travel and accommodation preferences, comments you provide us, trip destination information, and payment-related information. This personal information enables us to provide you with trip information, book flights, and accommodations, process payments, and provide similar travel services.
If you book a trip, some travel, stays and experiences may rely on local third-party providers. Please be aware that may be required to provide certain personal information to our third-party providers for the purposes of delivering your experience. When you book travel services with the Company, you consent to collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes of administering and delivering the travel services you requested.
EUROPEAN RESIDENTS: TRANSFERS OF DATA OUTSIDE EUROPE
Please note that if you are resident in the UK, European Union or European Economic Area (“EEA”) we may hold your personal information outside of the EEA. For instance, your personal information may be held by the Company in the United States (which has been recognized by the European Commission as having an adequate level of privacy protection).
The Company may also need to transfer your personal information to travel suppliers and other third parties outside of the EEA, for instance where a supplier is based outside of the EEA. Countries outside of the EEA may not have the same level of privacy laws as exist in the UK, Canada and the EEA. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights are protected.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTED?
The Company has implemented measures designed to help protect personal and sensitive information provided to the Company. The Company maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information that is in our custody and control.
It may be necessary for the Company to amend or make revisions to this Data Protection Policy. If we make a change to the Policy, the revised version will be posted on our website. Please refer to this Data Protection Policy for the latest information about our personal information practices.